Saturday, February 6, 2016

Chile 2016 Photos

It's been a while since I've posted.  Been fishing Penn's a lot this winter, but I doubt anyone is looking for those photos after the Chile trip, so I'll just skip that.  Herb and I headed back down to Tierra Del Fuego and also to Navarino Island in Cape Horn (more on that later).  After the mandatory 24 airport adventure, 8 hour car ride, and 20 minute ferry trip across the Straights of Magellan, we were back at Cameron Lodge on the Rio Grande!  While it is always fun to catch some sea run browns, my real love is the spring creeks in the area.  Small, crystal clear, meandering meadow streams, with deep holes and undercuts, that hold enormous browns (and a few rainbows) willing to eat anything you throw at them....assuming you can make the cast in the wind or don't spook them. 







 






We spent about a week in Tierra Del Fuego before heading back to Punta Arenas to catch a plane to Lakutaia Lodge (Navarino Island) for some fishing via helicopter.  I will post more details on this when I put the video up, but it is a very special place that seems to have trout in every creek, lake, pond, and mud puddle.  Research recently conducted has shown that Navarino has some of the most pristine water in the world.  Quite possibly THE cleanest water on the planet. The place is essentially untouched and really the only way in and out is by helicopter....but again, more on that later.  For now, I hope you enjoy the photos!



























No comments:

Post a Comment